General News

Breaking News

Somalia Drive reconstruction to begin July, 2015

Moses Wenyou/Benjamin S. Taingay

(elbcradio.com/May 14, 2015)-The Public Works Ministry says reconstruction works on the Somalia Drive will begin this July.

Public Works’ Acting Communications Director, Paul Kanneh, said a Japanese delegation is expected in the country today (Thursday) to begin formalities for the commencement of the road project.

The Somalia Drive’s pavement project was suspended after the Japanese contractors left the country for fear of the Ebola virus. Mr. Kanneh also noted that the contractors will return next month (June) to assess the project to determine the level of work to be done.

The Public Works official said: “The Somalia Drive rehabilitation project is being facilitated by a US$50-million grant agreement. The agreement was signed last year (2014) between the Governments of Liberia and Japan.

 


Copyright 2012 Mylbsonline.com All Rights Reserved.