Sports

Breaking News

I am still in contention-Toure

Kolubah Zayzay/Maximilian Kasseh, Jr.
Yaya Toure
Yaya Toure

Former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder, Yaya Toure, says he is still in contention to play for a few more years, despite his agent announcing his apparent retirement last week.

The 35-year-old has not played since having his contract at Greek side Olympiakos terminated in December 2018.

On Friday, May 10, 2019, Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk said he had "decided to end his career as a champion".

The four-time African Footballer of the Year won the Champions League with Barcelona in 2009 before spending eight years with Manchester City, scoring 79 times in 316 appearances including the winner in the 2011 FA Cup final.

The Former Ivory Coast international moved to Greece following his release by City last summer, after winning three Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups.

 


Copyright 2012 Mylbsonline.com All Rights Reserved.